[ petalspeaks ]

11 June 2007

One after the other

So.. it's now day 18..

Aidan is a relentless milk-drinking machine who's got day and night all mixed up. I have to try every known trick to wake him up for feedings and to get him to sleep at night. Needless to say, none of them work. I am only able to grab an hour or so of sleep at night and am usually crashed out on the sofa, dead to the world by 10am. My warden (aka my mum) is not too pleased that I tido siang ("Camne nak kuruskan badan?!") but really, does she expect me to function on just 2 hours of sleep every night? I have to be at the top of my game to dodge the streams of pee and complete nappy changes in the shortest time possible. Current hit count : 4.

Alya finally has started walking, after Aidan arrived. She's still a bit unsteady and it's hilarious watching her walk with one arm out for balance while the other is clutching her yellow bunny. She's been quite moody generally and sometimes mad at me as I'm unable to dukung her. She'll throw a tantrum complete with leg-stomping and arched back. I think it's more jealousy than anything as she wants everything that belongs to Aidan. She'll squeal with delight when she sees her lil brother, kisses him then turns around and climbs into his empty baby basket.

K contracted dengue fever about 4 days after I was discharged from the hospital. We theorize he picked it up at his workplace. He'd just started his new job and had already taken 2 days' unpaid leave for Aidan's delivery. He spent 6 days in the hospital and we even ended up celebrating our 2nd anniversary there, him hooked up to the umpteenth bag of IV and me wearing my bengkung underneath my pants. All I can say is thank God for employee medical benefits..

To top it off, our maid has done a runner yesterday. We gave her a day off on Saturday to go to her cousin's and told her to be at the meeting place at 4pm Sunday. By 6pm, batang idung pun tak nampak. Calls went unanswered and her cousin swears she was at home earlier. I smelled a conspiracy.. The maid had told me a few days before that her mother wants her to come home and work but as she puts it, "Saya tak mau balik, kakak.." It wasn't the first time I heard this, she had trotted out this line twice before. Everytime I asked her directly, what do you want to do? And everytime she says she wants to work here. All freaking lies!

We're all staying at my parents' house during my pantang and my brother is sleeping in the living room so that she can have a room and some privacy. K suspected she might pull something so I had checked the room after we sent her on Saturday. Her stuff was there so I left it at that. I took a closer look this morning and turned out she had taken all her personal items but left a stack of clothes behind. Possibly in an attempt to fool us, which it did.

I am so damn pissed. After treating her considerately and giving her so many chances (she's not exactly competent or hardworking, but always cries and promises to do better when we tegur her), she didn't even have the decency to just tell us "I don't want to work anymore". It's not like we were gonna stop her or beg her to stay and I had told her as much before this. We only asked her to decide and let us know so that we can make alternative arrangements if needed.. Memang ****** betul..

So now I somehow have to manage an active, moody toddler who recently discovered walking skills and a newborn. Maybe Aidan sleeping all day is not so bad after all..

1 Comments:

Blogger MDR said...

oh gosh, that's a lot on ur plate, woman.. a toddler, a newborn, tgh pantang, hubby hospitalized and a maid yg lari! i really salute u for being strong to handle all that..thank Goodness uve got ur family by ur side eh? things will get better, yes? *hugz*

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home