[ petalspeaks ]

29 June 2007

1 month on

I'm tired. My eyes feel sore and itchy. I'm not losing as much weight as I'd like (damn my insatiable appetite!). I look like I'm about 4 months' pregnant but I'm not carrying a baby, just a jiggly belly . I start work in 3 weeks and am terrified of trying on my clothes.

*end rant*

Dan gained 1.2kg after the first month. He looks tegap and his hair is growing out all spiky. My sister likes to fashion a 'faux mohawk' on him after his baths while his hair's all wet. I'm thankful I've got a lot of help (mum & sis while she's on semester break which is ending this week.. boo hoo, takde 'bibik' lagi..) to deal with both kids and my in-laws usually 'borrows' Alya for the weekend. Dan has started smiling and cooing occasionally. He loves to be cuddled and manja-ed, more than Alya used to. In fact, he demands it. Mum dah bising "Jangan biasakan budak tu.." etc etc but then I see her do it anyway.. The kiddies are on the same schedule, which is very hectic.. If one needs a diaper change, the other one will probably need one too.. Most of the time I find myself feeding both at the same time, a bottle in each hand..

Alya loves her baby brother, smooching and calling his name all the live long day. She walks around the house, clutching Benny (the yellow bunny) and saying "Dan Dan... Dan Dan Dan" in a singsong voice. She'll check on him occasionally by peering into his basket and calling his name. Although it didn't stop her from lobbing a cushion into the basket or experimentally pinching him. The doc at my panel clinic keeps telling me she's horribly underweight, clocking in at under 9kg. But she's active and happy and possibly just destined to be small, as unbelievable as it seems if you look at her parents.. Hehehe

The little lady with an up-do

With Benny the yellow bunny

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe high metabolic rate kot? my daughter is 9 months and is 8.6kg and she is a little under the 50th percentile for weight but so far doc tak concern lagi lah. she grows upwards instead of putting weight on. weird for a baby that still drinks a lot of susu and makan solid 3 times a day, she is now 79cm tall, way off the charts.. i am short and hubby takde lah tinggi macam galah, so maybe follow grandparents cause both sides are quite tall.

4:48 AM  
Blogger MDR said...

Aqila's weight has been stuck at 7.8kg for months and months...much to my chagrin...she eats fine, and is very active n doc says she's healthy..though i stil worry...tapi it seems normal ke like this? I mean lots of mommies face the same thing, it seems..glad I'm not the only one.. keep meaning to blog about this..one fine day! :-)

Alya looks adorable! very 'kakak' looking now that she has a lil' brother...Guess that's the advantage of having a 1st born girl ya? :-)

12:56 AM  
Blogger Nina @ BabyBoon said...

u've got such a beautiful daughter there! pedulikan what everybody says about her being small or underweight or whatnot....every child is different. if she's healthy and happy, goodie!

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home