[ petalspeaks ]

08 September 2008

After 3 months..

.. I still don't have enough time to sit down & write an actual post. Would some bulleted updates suffice? Gosh, I hope so..

  • Our home is now a warzone. Ever since Ala has discovered her 'taring', she's been constantly biting & pinching Adan. As much as we try to stop it, gruesome marks have appeared on Adan's body. She seems to feel extremely geram with her lil brother resulting in the intense attacks. It doesn't help matters that Adan doesn't understand enough to keep away from her. He constantly follows her around, trying to hug her, kiss her or grab the toy she's playing with.

  • Ala can be a lazy bum sometimes, refusing to fetch her Rabbit or bottle even though it's 2 steps away. She'll still insist "Mummy amikkan!". So sometimes when I'm heatedly arguing with her to get her to fetch her stuff, Adan will quietly fetch whatever it is, hand it to Ala with a "Nyah!", make his cheeky face & singsong "Teng!" ('thank you' even tho he was the one who should be thanked) before going off on his merry way. It was like a glimpse into the future, I pray she won't learn to make use of her brother.

  • Adan is now almost 1 year & 4 months old. His weight (according to the clinic scale, dunno true or what) is now 11kg. He doesn't look huge though. He does have kinda broad shoulders and a tough looking body. Mum calls him 'budak godang'. But this budak godang likes to sleep with his arms around his 'memeh'. (Yep, BabyBoon. Our boys call us by the same name).

  • Adan plays rough/manja. What does that mean? He loves to manja2 (like sleep on the same pillow as me) but his actions are always abrupt & rough. I now have a small bump on the bridge of my nose from the time his head slammed into my face as he was rooting around in his sleep 'nak carik spot tido'. I was bawling from the pain (I swear I heard a crack) but the lil dude carried on sleeping in his usual froggy-style. Totally oblivious.

Some pics from Auntie Sara's wedding a whole month ago. Yes, it's taking me that long to download the pics from K's camera..


Arriving at Tok Ngah's house

Hijacking of the pelamin by their parents in order to take cutesy pics of their kids

70's inspired hair (ahem, actually couldn't get her to sit still to tie it up)


See my finger?


How to pass the time at weddings..


1 Comments:

Blogger Nina @ BabyBoon said...

hehehehe gib and aidan has another thing in common aside frm "memeh"... the way they sleep! when we were in melbourne, he head-butted my chin and there was a loud crack and i really did shout pagi-pagi buta tu. the chin hurt for about three weeks after that!!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home