[ petalspeaks ]

04 December 2007

I cannot...

… get a full night’s sleep without having to wake up in the middle of the night to prepare milk or do some forgotten household chore. My kids will usually tag-team me, it’s like they planned it out. One will wake up first and just as I am crawling back into bed, another ‘siren’ will start. My neighbours probably think I’m some madwoman for hanging up my clothes or mopping the house at 2am.

… leave the room without Aidan howling and Alya following me. I have to be super quick using the bathroom to minimize the cacophony of Aidan crying & Alya whining “Mummy! Mummy! Mummy!” while banging on the door. They stop as soon as I open the door, grinning away.. Aiyo, tak senang betul..

Little & Large


… read without Aidan trying to grab the magazine or newspaper (no time for books!). He’s utterly fascinated watching people flip the pages and gets so geram if he gets his hands on it that he’ll start ripping it up.

… resist buying girly clothes for Alya. My practical side tells me to buy stuff that can be passed down to Dan-dan (as my mother puts it, mummy kedekut) but really, how can you say no to pink dresses?

… take my eyes off Dan-dan. Since he has learned how to crawl and pull himself up (yep, at 6 months old!!), I have to constantly pull him away from stuff and guard behind him when he stands holding on to the sofa edges.


… open any packet or plastic bag without Alya declaring “Nak nak nak!” and Dan-dan craning his neck to get a better look.

… let Dan-dan loose if his sister is napping. He’d pounce right on that mass of hair like a playful kitty and start tugging. His current favourite activity is to climb all over his sister in an attempt to grab her hair, causing the poor kerempeng girl to topple over and cry, while he sits on her giggling away all happy playing with his sister, blissfully unaware that he’s a lot more solidly built and weighs only 1.5kg less.

Can't a guy climb the sofa in peace around here?

Look mummy, I found a new way to play the piano!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, they grow up fast...

5:16 PM  
Blogger MDR said...

aidan's such a big boy now! n alya is ever the lil' lady..

i too, cannot resist buying 'em girly clothes no matter how hard i try to control the urge!

n Aqila does that whole drama queen act of crying out "Mommy! Mommy!" like I'm gonna leave her padahal I just turned my back for a moment to take something... i've gotta resort to peeing with the bathroom door open now to avoid her screaming bloody murder!

even then, when i'm in plain sight of her, barely 2 feet away, she still screams...and she knows my weakness is if she whimpers the word 'mommy' in such a hearbreaking way...*sigh*

..i've only got one kid for now, and most days i go crazy trying to 'outwit' her..I guess with you, it's two-- so double the challenge but double the joy! :-)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Nina @ BabyBoon said...

that's it, woman. i'm calling you "Supermom". you're IT!

i cannot imagine what it's like to wake up for two babies every night when waking up for one baby is enough to drive me a li'l mad sometimes!

good God, Aidan looks so different now; he's grown so much, so fast! time sure passes too darn fast. he's so cheeky looking!! alya pulak looks more and more girlish and dainty everytime! such an adorable little lady. gerammmmmm lahhhh looking at your babies. they're gorgeous!

12:23 PM  
Blogger petal said...

chase > i know, soon u'll say that about hamzah.. btw, bila la dpt jumpa baby hammie?

mdr > i think when our girls turned one, the 'drama queen' switch turned on.. hahaha, we've resorted to extreme measures i see..

babybooned > no lah, a lot of other mothers do the same oso.. u esp with all of gib's initial troubles & ur spinal problem..

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home